During the school year, Troop 1109 meets each Tuesday evening at 7:00PM. In the Spring through early Fall, we meet at the Chattahoochee River Club Ball Fields (4110 River Club Dr, Cumming, GA 30041) in Cumming, GA. In the colder winter months when it gets dark before 7:00PM, we meet at Lakeside Middle School in Cumming GA.
- There are no Troop meetings on school holidays or on the Tuesday following a troop outing.
- PLC – Patrol Leaders Council – Meets the first Tuesday following each troop outing.
2018 Troop 1109 Events, Outings & Overnights/Camping
- January 6-7 – Lock-in at Stone Summit Climbing Center, Atlanta (interested scouts will work on Climbing merit badge)
- February 16-20 – 5-day History of Scouting Trails trip to Washington, D.C.
- March 9-11 – Backpacking weekend
- April 20-22 – Boy Scouting 101 encampment
- May 12 or 13 – Ziplining day trip
- June 15-17 – Whitewater rafting trip
- July 15-21 – Summer Camp (Camp Rainey Mountain)
- August 17-19 – (dates tentative) PLC Leadership Retreat and Annual Planning Conference. COPE Course. (Camp Rainey Mountain)
- September 7-9 – Caving & Hiking
- October 19-21 – Etowah Fall Camporee
- November 17-19 – Backpacking weekend
- December (TBD)
District & Council Events (Youth – Optional)
- May 12 – Jamboree on the Trail
- May 28-June 2 – NYLT Course #1
- June 4-9 – NYLT Course #2
- June 11-15, 18-22 – Pathfinders Merit Badge Day Camps
- October 27 – Etowah Advance-A-Rama
- December 1 – University of Scouting
Order of the Arrow Outings & Overnights/Camping (OA Members Only)
- March 16-18 – Spring Fellowship / Ordeal Weekend (Camp Rainey Mountain)
- April 13-15 – SR-9 Heartland Gathering (Conclave) (Comer Scout Reservation, Mentone, Alabama)
- May 18-20 – Pre-Camp / Ordeal Weekend (Camp Rainey Mountain)
- September 14-16 – Pow Wow (Camp Rainey Mountain)
- December 1 – Winter Banquet (Saturday evening only)
District & Council Events (Adults)
- 2nd Thursday of the Month – Etowah District Roundtable
- 3rd Wednesday of the Month – Troop Committee Meeting (Open to all leaders and parents are always welcome)
- 4th Tuesday of the Month – Eagle Boards